Who We Are?
Policy Forum Guyana (PFG) is a non-governmental organisation with no political affiliation that focuses primarily on accountability and transparency issues related to natural resources, climate change and extractive industries.
PFG has led the following civic initiatives:
- Creation of Guyana’s Intended Nationally Determined Contribution to COP21 to reduce global warming;
- Formation of Guyana’s Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI);
- Restoration of Guyana’s Rivers;
- Rapid assessment of agencies with the responsibility for the protection of Rivers
- Training of both coastal and interior youths on the importance of freshwater and how they can assess water quality;
- Creation of freshwater education tools such as board games, puzzles, word searches and videos;
- Healthy Rivers Healthy People Social Media Campaign in collaboration with WWF Guianas;
- Executed massive youth-led climate strikes to bring awareness to environmental degradation;
- Issued press releases on gold and oil and gas sector that has bolstered government, international organizations, private sector and civil society groups into action;
- Conducted grass-roots discussions on how oil and gas revenues would be used to create a better future for Guyanese in four administrative regions.
- Produced an oil and gas booklet entitled, “Becoming an Oil Producer: The Future we haven’t discussed”.
- Ensuring the transformation of Guyana through oil & gas results in a more equal, community-oriented society.
Visit us @ our OFfice
You can visit us at the Guyana Human Rights Centre building on Wednesdays & Fridays from 10:30am to 3:00pm.